Quando seu parceiro é morto pelo misterioso e possivelmente inexistente Jaguar Shark, Steve Zissou e a sua tripulação Team Zissou partem para uma expedição para caçar a criatura. Junto com a sua esposa e uma bela jornalista e um co-piloto, que poderia ser o filho de Zissou, a tripulação parte para uma expedição selvagem.
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou is a 2004 American adventure comedy-drama film written by Wes Anderson and Noah Baumbach and directed by Anderson. It is Anderson's fourth feature-length film and was released in the United States on December 25, 2004.
The film stars Bill Murray as Steve Zissou, an eccentric oceanographer who sets out to exact revenge on the "jaguar shark" that ate his partner Esteban. Zissou is both a parody of and homage to French diving pioneer Jacques Cousteau, to whom the film is dedicated.
The film also features Owen Wilson, Cate Blanchett, Willem Dafoe, Michael Gambon, Jeff Goldblum, Anjelica Huston and Bud Cort. Seu Jorge has a minor part, but contributes heavily to the film's soundtrack. It was filmed in and around Naples, Ponza, and the Italian Riviera.
The film was released to mixed reviews and was a box office flop. In the decade following its release it has garnered a cult following, and is now viewed more positively by both critics and fans. It was also since remastered and re-released by The Criterion Collection in 2014.
- Bill Murray : Steve Zissou
- Owen Wilson : Edward "Ned" Plimpton/Kingsley Zissou
- Cate Blanchett : Jane Winslett-Richardson
- Anjelica Huston : Eleanor Zissou
- Willem Dafoe : Klaus Daimler
- Jeff Goldblum : Alistair Hennessey
- Michael Gambon : Oseary Drakoulias
- Noah Taylor : Vladimir Wolodarsky
- Bud Cort : Bill Ubell
- Seu Jorge : Pelé dos Santos
- Robyn Cohen : Anne-Marie Sakowitz
- Waris Ahluwalia : Vikram Ray
- Matthew Gray Gubler : Estagiário #1
- Antonio Monda : Ele mesmo